Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District was created with a county wide vote in 1945. The district was formed in 1946 and has been serving the county's natural resource conservation needs ever since. The Conservation District is a county office led by an elected Board of Supervisors and has been tasked with the task to 'conserve, maintain, and improve Scioto County's natural resources'.
The Conservation District is funded by the Scioto County Commissioners, is supported by the Ohio Department of Agriculture, and is partnered with the USDA's Natural Resource Conservation Service locally to help implement conservation efforts and programs throughout the county.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District is led by a Board of Supervisors. The Board members are elected to three year terms in a public election held at the Scioto County Agriculture Dinner.
Pictured From Left to Right:
Bill Lewis - Fiscal Officer
Thomas Turner - Chairman
James L. Pertuset
Debby Basham - District Administrator
Scott Lewis -
District Technician / Wildlife Specialist